2 lbs grass-fed round steak
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper juice of 2 limes
3 tbsp fish sauce (we use the lowest sodium one we can find)
2 tsp raw local honey
3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 medium melon (cantaloupe happens to be what we had), seeded and sliced into “match- sticks” about 1-1/2″ long
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2″ long match- sticks
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2″ long matchsticks
8 cups baby spinach
1/2 red onion, slivered
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees).
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with the salt and pepper, then grill to achieve medium-rare (about 8 minutes per side on indirect heat). Transfer to a cutting board when done grilling and let rest for at least five minutes.
- While the steaks are grilling, you can work on getting the melon, peppers, onion, cilantro,
- and mint all cut up and added to an extra-large mixing bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, honey, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a small prep bowl. Whisk with a fork to mix and make sure the hon- ey is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the now-rested steaks across the grain at a slight angle (from top to bottom) into roughly 1/8″ thick slices (that’s pretty thin)
- If your steaks are huge, you can also cut them in half lengthwise to keep the pieces of steak down to about 2″ or so long.
- Add the steak to the mixing bowl.
- Give the dressing another stir, then pour over the top and toss everything to mix well.
- Let sit for a few minutes, then toss one more time.