What if you could let go of that one thing that is holding you, your career or your business back? How important is that to you?
How often have you found yourself held back, stuck, not knowing how to get passed “that” roadblock and how to let go of those annoying fears and limiting beliefs?
Well, let’s have a look at what YOU can do about it NOW!
1. BE CLEAR about what you want to achieve. An easy way to do this is to imagine that you are describing your goal to a 12 year old who has no idea about what you do. The simpler and the more visual it is, the better!
2. Increase and learn to use your self-AWARENESS. Have you ever caught yourself finding excuses to avoid taking “that” step: a phone call to make, an email to write…? Science has demonstrated that our bodies can have a tremendous impact on our mind. When you are procrastinating, start becoming aware of how your body is reacting: is your heart beating faster? Are you frowning? Are your shoulders “drooping”?… Make the conscious decision to change how your body is, stand straight, take slow deep breaths and observe how your mind reacts as a consequence.
3. Think of the WORST-CASE SCENARIO: are you afraid of not being able to do it or are you afraid of the consequences of actually succeeding at it? Be honest with yourself and DON’T JUDGE yourself. You might be surprised at the answer.
4. Make a list of all the BENEFITS and of all the DRAWBACKS associated with overcoming your “roadblock”. This is essential so you can have a BALANCED view of the situation.
5. Think of how DIFFERENTLY you could react to this situation. Think of someone you admire who would act differently. Now, imagine for a moment that you are this person and that it is easy for you to act differently.
PRACTICE this by taking small and frequent actions.
6. VISUALISE yourself overcoming your “roadblock”, letting go of your fear. Visualise it with as many details as you can, imagine the colours, the sounds, how you are feeling, make it as vibrant as you can. Put that scene in a photo, make sure you can see yourself in it. Your subconscious will do the rest.
7. One last thing: remember to SMILE. Really! Smiling on the outside will help you smile on the inside and help you move mountains. Just give it a go…what do you have to lose?
Science has demonstrated that we can “rewire” our brains. Equally, YOU can change YOUR “wiring”, take a different course of action and get past your roadblocks. After all, if YOU are not in your mind’s driver seat, then who is? Remember, be AWARE and CHOOSE how you will react. It’s all in the Mindset!
ABOUT THE WRITER:
Nadine Rabu is a highly regarded international mindset consultant and accredited professional coach, and the owner of “It’s All in the Mindset”. Prior to this, she worked for over 15 years for large multi–‐national engineering companies throughout the world. During that time she repeatedly observed the positive and negative impact of people’s mindset on growth, innovation, motivation, efficiency, productivity and capacity to adapt to change. As a result, Nadine chose to focus on helping highly motivated professionals, business start–‐ups and small to medium size businesses achieve their goals, develop to their full potential and see possibilities currently escaping them, by working specifically on their mindset.
To find out more, visit: www.ItsAllintheMindset.com