1 head Cauliflower
1 Tbsp Ghee
1 whole Carrot, Raw, peeled and diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 cloves Garlic, smashed
1/2 lb Chicken Breast, Skinless , boneless, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 lb Shrimp, Raw, peeled and deveined
4 pieces Saffron
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Chipotle Powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 bunch Parsley, 1 handful flat leaf, plus extra for garnish
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Using a box grater or food processor, shred the cauliflower florets into a rice-like texture.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, red bell pepper, and onion to the Dutch oven, and sauté until the veggies have softened.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves to the Dutch oven along with the chicken breasts. Continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the Dutch oven, and sauté until the shrimp is no longer translucent.
- Season with the saffron, turmeric, smoked paprika, and chipotle powder, stirring to make sure the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the parsley. Continue to cook while stirring until the cauliflower has softened.
- Garnish with extra parsley if desired, and serve.
Recipe and Photo from: Primal Palate