1 Beet, chopped
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, minced
1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
1 cup Vidalia Onion, chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
1 cup Turnips, chopped
1 whole Avocado, diced, for garnish
1/4 cup Tomato, Cherry, diced, for garnish
1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Egg, poached
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Preheat oven to roast at 400°F.
- Rinse root vegetables, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Evenly spread vegetables onto a large baking sheet.
- Season with salt, pepper, and minced rosemary.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then add minced garlic, stir, and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Root vegetables will be finished when they are crispy around the edges.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack egg into skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/4 cup water into the frying pan and cover with lid.
- Steam the egg until it is fully cooked(the yolk of the egg should have a hint of pink on the top, and none of the white should be translucent).
- Serve eggs over the root vegetable hash.
Recipe and Photo from: Primal Palate