1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow pepper, minced
2lbs ground bison
4 ribs celery, sliced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 eggs, beaten
sea salt, to taste
6 oz tomato paste
10-12 slices bacon
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Preheat to 400°F.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet.
3. Add onion, garlic and yellow peppers and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
4. Add ground bison to a large mixing bowl.
5. Add onion mixture, celery, oregano, basil, black pepper, coconut flour and eggs.
6. Using your hands, mix until combined.
7. Pour mixture into a medium size glass baking dish.
8. Sprinkle sea salt over the top of the mixture.
9. Spread tomato paste across the top.
10.Layer bacon slices across the top of the tomato paste.
11. Place glass baking dish on top of a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and Photo from: Paleo Porn