4 portobello mushrooms
1 cup crabmeat
2 shallots, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped + more for garnish
1/2 teaspoon sea salt + extra for topping
1/4 teaspoon dried chervil
1 organic egg, beaten
1/2 cup almond meal + 2 teaspoons for topping
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 lemon, wedged
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Trim the mushroom stems from the caps and discard the stems.
3. Under cold running water rinse the tops to remove any grit.
4. Using a serrated melon baller (or carefully with a spoon) scrape out the dark gills from the underside of the caps.
5. Transfer to a paper towel to pat dry then lay the mushroom caps on parchment paper over a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Combine the crabmeat, shallots, fresh parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, chervil and egg together in a small mixing bowl.
7. Add 1/4 cup of almond meal and mix, then add second 1/4 cup of almond meal and mix well with a fork.
8. Fill each mushroom cap with the crab mixture.
9. Top each mushroom cap with 1/2 teaspoon of almond meal, a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of coconut oil.
10. Transfer the tray to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. The top will become slightly crispy.
11. Serve immediately with additional parsley and lemon wedges for garnish.
12. Don’t forget to squeeze a bit of the lemon juice on the crabmeat as you eat.
Recipe and Photo from: Paleo Porn