FOR THE DONUTS:
6 dried medjool dates, pitted
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons coconut flour
½ tablespoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
FOR THE CREAM:
1 (14 ounce) can of coconut cream OR coconut milk refrigerated over night*
1 tablespoon maple syrup
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
FOR THE CHOCOLATE:
1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, melted
3 tablespoons coconut milk/water
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Place dried dates in a food processor and pulse to break down.
2. Add pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, and eggs to the food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Add coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and puree once more.
*To make the donuts easy to pour and keep them a round shape, place donut puree into a plastic bag or pastry bag, cut the end off of the plastic bag so you can squeeze to mixture in a circle in the donut maker. If you are using a donut pan for the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Heat up a mini donut maker, grease the donut maker maker or pan, and use the bag to squeeze about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each donut round.
5. In a mini donut maker, cook for 5-7 minutes. Time will vary with the different donut maker. If you are using a donut pan, cook for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove donuts once cooked through and let rest and cool on a wire rack.
7. Once cooled, place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes. (the donuts will be easier to work with once they are a bit harder).
8. While the donuts cool, in a bowl, remove the coconut cream that sits on top of the coconut water (keep the coconut water for later) and whip together the coconut cream with a fork or whisk.
9. Then add maple syrup and cinnamon and mix well. Place cream in a piping bag or plastic bag and then cut off the end.
10. In a bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut milk/water that was left behind from the coconut cream via a double boiler or in a microwave.
11. Cut the donuts in half, carefully. On the bottom donut, pipe on the cream around the donut then place the top donut half on top of the cream. Then finish the donuts off by dipping them halfway into the melted chocolate.
12. Place donuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and into the freezer to harden the chocolate.
Recipe and photo from: http://paleomg.com