For the Sweet Potato Noodle Buns:
1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized,
2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg + 1 egg white
For the rest of the ingredients:
1.5 oz salmon (or more, if you prefer)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp lime juice
1 piece of bacon
½ one avocado
2 tsp chopped cilantro
1 slice of tomato
1-2 large pieces of kale
1 slice of onion
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in ½ tbsp of the olive oil.
2. Place in the sweet potato noodles and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until noodles have softened. (The noodles will turn bright orange when they are cooked.)
4. Place the noodles in a bowl and crack over the eggs. Stir to combine thoroughly and coat all of the noodles.
5. Take out two 6” ramekins. Place in enough noodles to pack the ramekin half-way full.
6. Place a piece of wax paper over the ramekins and push in to cover the noodles.
7. Place a can of (tomatoes, beans, etc) and press firmly down onto the noodles.
8. Place the two ramekins in the refrigerator for at least 15-20 minutes.
9. While the noodles are chilling, cook your bacon.
10. Place a large skillet over medium heat and place in your piece of bacon. Cook until to your desired crispiness and set aside, placing it on top of a plate lined with paper towels.
11. Make the avocado-cilantro mash. Place in the avocado and cilantro into a bowl and mash thoroughly until no chunks of avocado are left. Set aside.
12. Once the noodles are done cooling, remove the can and paper.
13. Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and add in the last of the olive oil.
14. Very carefully, over the skillet, turn the ramekin over and tap the bottom with one hand until the noodles come out.
15. Cook (without moving) the noodle bun for about 3-4 minutes and then flip over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until all noodles are compact. There will be a slight char on both sides.
16. While the bun is cooking, season your salmon with the lime, salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the grill, cook for about 4-5 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center. Set aside when done.
17. Once the salmon is done, place your onion on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes.
18. After 1 minute, place on your tomato slice and cook for 1 minute. While the tomato is cooking, assemble your sandwich.
19. Place one bun on the bottom, top with the onion. Then, place on the piece of salmon. Then, the tomato. Then, the bacon. Then, the kale.
20. Finally, spread the avocado mash on the bottom of the top bun and place it on top of the bacon.
21. Secure with a toothpick before eating.
Recipe and reference posted accordingly and shared from: http://paleomg.com/
Shared by Ali, the blogger at Inspiralized.com