BCAAs GREAT WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT!!
I often get asked by clients and gym goers alike, “what is the best work out supplement” Women are usually asking because the want fat lose and the guys are normally after muscle gain. Either way ill say the same thing every time…. “B.C.A.A’s my friend”!!
THE LOW DOWN
BCAA’s or (branch chain amino acids)) is the name given to three of the eight essential amino acids needed to make protein: leucine, isoleucine and valine. They are called branched-chain because their structure has a ‘branch’ off the main trunk of the molecule. The combination of these three essential amino acids makes up approximately one-third of skeletal muscle in the human body.
Now, from personal experience I can tell you that BCAA’s work a treat and when I hit a plateau they helped me get through it big time! Two weeks after I started taking them I put on 2.5 kg, which I was obviously stoked about and also, dropped 1% bodyfat!
THE GOOD STUFF!
What can you expect from these bad boys?
- BCAAs help with recovery
- BCAAs decrease bodyfat. This is especially true with visceral fat, which is the fat that accumulates inside the abdomen and results in the bloated beer gut!
- BCAAs consumed during training raise both growth hormone and insulin, a combination that increases anti-catabolism and anabolism.
- BCAAS prevent muscle fatigue during exercise.
- Aid increase in endurance
- Boosting immune function, When you train at high intensity or high volume you risk immune suppression and infections. By supplementing with BCAAs you’ll help reverse glutamine loss, which is essential for immune function.
So although in an ideal world we would be getting enough BCAAs from our high protein foods such as meat & eggs most people out there wont even know what there protein goals are and will fall victim to under eating and bad food selection. Keep in mind that NO supplement out there will work miracles on its own and you can never go past good nutrition & hydration but these things plus taking BCAAs during training just might be the difference between you putting on a few kg of lean muscle or losing a few % bodyfat!