- 1 ½ lb beef stew meat, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- ½ t Salt
- ½ t pepper
- 1 16 oz package frozen pearl onions
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ¾ c chicken broth or stock
- 1 c frozen peas, thawed
- 2 T fresh tarragon, chopped
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Heat large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add coconut oil and onion to pot and brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine chili powder, sea salt, cumin and garlic salt in a large dish. Roll raw beef stew meat in the mixture to coat on all sides.
- When onions have browned slightly, add beef and brown on all sides.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Fill the empty can with water and add to the pot.
- Add green chilis, jalepenos, chipotle peppers, mushrooms, carrots, oregano, thyme and bay leaf. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and red pepper, and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add kale and finish cooking for 10 more minutes. Season with sea salt if desired.
- Serve with sliced green onions, fresh cilantro and a dollop of thickened coconut milk from the top of the can.